What Is The PCS?
The President’s Council on Sustainability (PCS) was formed in the fall of 2009 and consists of faculty, staff, and students giving the PCS a dynamic perspective on sustainability on campus.
What Does The PCS Do?
- The Council reports both to the Executive Vice President for Administration and Finance and the Provost.
- The Council has a critical role in shaping administrative goals and objectives relating to campus sustainability.
- The PCS is charged with the responsibility of making recommendations on:
- Sustainability issues and policy
- Developing strategies for implementation of sustainability initiatives
- Providing a cohesive public face for UMW sustainability efforts
- The council will report regularly to the President’s Cabinet outlining recommendations and the university’s progress.
PCS Action Areas:
The council will advise and assist in the development of goals in these four action areas:
Administration and Finance
Education and Research
Innovation and Awareness
Meeting Minutes 2017:
Apply to be on the PCS! The application can be found here.
View our current list of Action Goals. If you see a project that you are interested in working with or have a suggestion for a project please e-mail email@example.com.
View our current list of pcs-members-list-2016-2017