Water equals life! Conserve this precious natural resource while simultaneously saving money!
Use these simple techniques to reduce your water usage by more than half!
- Turn the faucet off while brushing your teeth and lathering your hands with soap
- Run the dishwasher and washing machine only when full
- Reuse towels more than once to reduce the number of laundry loads
- Turn off the shower while washing your hair and shaving
- Keep a bucket in the shower to catch excess water; use this “grey water” to water plants
- Take a 5 minute power shower
- Invest in water efficient appliances and fixtures
- Install a rain barrel to harvest rain water for gardening
- Skip the sprinkler system
Water Conservation Resources: