The UMW Eco-Reps program is a student-based volunteer program within UMW Sustainability/Office of Sustainability to solicit change through education and awareness. Through communication, the sharing of resources, and implementation of policy, Eco-Reps involved in sustainable initiatives and programs they are passionate about, encourage and put into effect the sustainability mission of the university!
The Eco Reps are vital to the success of sustainability on campus. Their energy and enthusiasm combined with the resources of the Office of Sustainability is key in sustainability events and sustainability development. Interested in participating? Email email@example.com or the leader of the project you are interested in HERE.
Eco Reps are expected to:
1. Participate in at least one sustainability program or initiative on campus
2. Identify the sustainability mission of the university
3. Communicate between student sustainability groups on campus and UMW Sustainability
4. Commit to a 1-2 hour meeting once a month (day of the week is determined at the beginning of the semester)
Find the updated descriptions of the initiatives listed below HERE
*initiatives change constantly depending on who is involved at that time so please refer to the link above for an up to date list!
- Community Garden
- Clean up UMW recycling with ResLife and Sodexo
- Tree Campus USA
- Butts are Litter Too
- Stewardships of the Earth (partnered with Fredericksburg Food Co-op)
- Community outreach (working with local environmental organizations)
- Intern Projects (vary semester to semester)
- GIS Sustainability Map
- UMW Carbon Footprint Strategic Plan
Future/potential initiative ideas:
- Fair Trade Campaign (www.FairTradeCampaigns.org)
- Grant writing
- New Sustainability Event Ideas
- *YOUR IDEA HERE*
Click HERE to learn about other ways to get involved on campus.
Have any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org