The Green Office site provides Mary Washington faculty and staff tips, ideas and resources to make their workplaces more sustainable.
Look around your office. There are a lot of easy changes you can make that will dramatically reduce energy consumption and your impact on the planet. These include:
2. Activate power management on your computer. Our Power Management Fact Sheet shows you how to do this.
3. Bring your lunch in a reusable container- avoid takeout.
STEP IT UP!
Become a leader in your office; encourage others to engage in sustainable practices by:
5. Showing others how to activate power management on their computer.
7. Use a power strip as the central shut off point for all of your electronic devices.
8. Shut off lights when leaving a room.
9. Bike, walk, or take public transportation to work.
10. Unsubscribe from junk mail services.
11. Print, type, and copy on both sides of paper.
12. Reuse paper- print or copy drafts and in-house communication on the back of previously used paper, use as scratch paper, keep a stock pile of used paper by the copier and fax machine
13. Use small stickers or half sheets for fax cover sheets, re-use paper for faxing
14. Default your office copier to double sided copies.
15. Edit on the computer, print only when necessary.
16. Share magazines, use routing slips to cut down on copies.
17 Keep files electronically, use share drive for group access to files, print only when necessary .
If you have a tip for Greening your office please share it with Joni Wilson.